If you have a stand-out product that’s making waves in travel retail or think your sustainable credentials deserve recognition, then don’t miss the chance to enter the Global Travel Retail Awards 2022 before the closing date of Friday 3 June, 2022.
The Global Travel Retail Awards, brought to you by TRBusiness and m1nd-set, is the first and only consumer-voted awards dedicated to the travel retail industry.
As well as being a celebration of the brands and experiences that travelling consumers rate, the awards bring tangible benefits for all those who emerge as winners and finalists.
A m1nd-set study has shown that 31% of consumers would be influenced to purchase a product in duty free and travel retail stores upon seeing the Travel Retail Awards’ ‘Voted by Shoppers’ winners logo.
Furthermore, 22% of those surveyed said they would be influenced by the finalist logo. It’s a factor that winners from past years can attest to.
Watch the video below to see last year’s Global Travel Retail Awards ceremony.
“With the introduction of the Travel Retail Award logo on our inflight listings page, we experienced a more than 15% increase in sales as compared with previous months,” said Francis Ng, General Manager, Toscow, who won the ‘Best Watches & Jewellery Product’ accolade for Provence Romance at the inaugural awards in 2018.
“We also put the logo on all our social media and this generated a lot of interest from both our corporate clients as well as general consumers.”
Petra Eckhardt-Koestler, Director Global Retail Eyewear, Rodenstock, which was a finalist in the ‘Best Sunglasses/Eyewear Product’ category for its R1430 A model in 2021 added: “This award is a wonderful instrument for further communicating the relevance and value of Porsche Design Eyewear to potential global retail business partners.
“The icon provided by TRBusiness has already been put on most of our communication tools.”
Now in its fifth instalment, the Global Travel Retail Awards have attracted an increasing number of entries each year and has become a top diary date for those in the industry.
The 2022 awards ceremony will be held on Monday 3 October, during the TFWA World Exhibition in Cannes, France.
‘The awards are designed to celebrate excellence in travel retail through the eyes of the consumer,’ said Nigel Hardy, Owner and Joint Managing Director, TRBusiness.
“This year, the ceremony will take place during a seated dinner at a prestigious Cannes venue. We’re looking forward to meeting all those shortlisted for an evening to remember.”
THE CATEGORIES – AND HOW TO ENTER
There are 14 categories of Product Awards, including: ‘Best Confectionery And Fine Foods Product’; Best Sunglasses/Eyewear Product’; ‘Best Beer And Wines Product’; Best Fashion & Accessories Product’ (including luggage & leather goods); ‘Best Children’s Product’; and ‘Best Travel Accessory’, to name just a few.
Entries can be submitted via the online portal, via a quick and easy process.
Each product entered will be submitted to be reviewed by 2,000 international travelling shoppers, sourced from the m1nd-set database.
When all the data is compiled and the winners are announced, each entry will receive a detailed consumer evaluation document that provides valuable insights on how the product has performed in the channel, with statistics regarding perception of the product broken down by demographic.
This can be utilised to maximise sales for different passenger profiles.
The quantitative scores from the consumer panel will account for 80% of the score for each nomination, while the remaining 20% of the score is assessed from the qualitative judging process which involves a panel of international travelling bloggers and vloggers; leading influencers in travel and consumer goods.
They will have the benefit of being able to touch, feel, taste, smell and handle the products as part of the judging process.
There is also a ‘Best Sustainable Airport, Airline, Cruise & Rail Retail’ accolade – simply enter here and choose the relevant category.
A total of 60 airports are automatically enrolled into the Airport Awards, which cover six categories, including ‘Best Airport For Retail Environment’ and ‘Best Airport For Sense Of Place’.
These are decided through m1nd-set interviews with 2,000 international passengers that drill down on their perceptions.
Finally, the ‘Best Food & Beverage Offer at an Airport’ award is also informed by these interviews.
“We look forward to seeing the final wave of entries roll in,” said Janice Hook, Owner and Joint Managing Director, TRBusiness.
“And remember, all 2022 product entries are automatically enrolled into the 2023 Asia Pacific Travel Retail Awards free of charge.”
Last year’s awards ceremony was held in London during the inaugural Travel Retail Consumer Forum. Details of the 2021 (and previous years’) winners and finalists can be seen on the Travel Retail Awards website. Photos of the ceremony and dinner can also be viewed on the Picture Gallery page.